The FT232R is a USB to serial UART interface with optional clock generator output, and the new security dongle feature. USB to serial designs using the FT232R have been further simplified by fully integrating clock circuit and USB resistors onto the device. A unique number is burnt into the device during manufacture and is readable over USB, thus forming the basis of a security dongle which can be used to protect customer application software from being copied.
- Single chip USB to asynchronous serial data transfer interface
- Free Driver support for Windows, Linux and Mac OSx
- True 5V / 3.3V / 2.8V / 1.8V CMOS drive output and TTL input
- Concept to Prototype to Product development
- Product feature list finalization
- Hardware platform identification
- Board design and development